“The enlargement of a snapshot does not simply render more precise what in any case was visible, though unclear: it reveals entirely new structural formations of the subject“
The Work of Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction
Offering equipment with expert assistance, SW Darkroom is a sanctuary to produce exhibition standard work or experimental processes in a spacious and calm environment with minimal distractions. Beginning July 1 2022, all bookings will include technical assistance. Contact us if you would like to come have a look, we would be happy to show you around the space
– Artist workshops
– Technical Assistance
– Artist residencies
Facilities & Equipment.
- Large Black and White Printing, up to 54 inches
- Colour Printing up to 20″ X 24″
- Print 35, 120, 4×5 or 8×10 negatives
- 2145mm x 1585mm sink with troughs, custom made for the darkroom with large black/white printing in mind
- Multiple trays, all chemicals provided
- Alternative process printing
- Booking availabilities in 4 hour slots, or for the whole day with technical assistance provided
- Viewing wall in natural light, with comfortable seating area
- Kettle, coffee machine and fridge
- Library with photography, darkroom technique books and magazines for perusal
- Auto and Bike parking on site
– Large format darkroom hand printing up to 54” Day rate – £400
– Four hour time slots for darkroom hand printing; colour or black/white (up to 20” x 24”) – £115
– Colour or black/white printing Day Rate (up to 20 x 24) -£230
Contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
FILM DROP OFF FORM
From July 1 2022
Open by appointment for printing with technical assistance, full day or 1/2 day.
Open every friday to book for other services.
Please email email@example.com to request services and arrange date for booking.
News and Events
Royal Victoria Patriotic Building
John Archer Way
Rear Courtyard Basement 3
Opening by appointment from July 1 2022